Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

little pieces of the past

Little pieces of the past are coming up today
Am trying to brush it all aside but it won't go away
I know sometimes I have no choice but to let it be
And let the past with all its pain to  spend some time with me

I am not strong I want to cry whenever they won't go
Memories of the hurtful days make my day go slow
I am trying to pull myself away but they are hanging tight
Something tells me deep inside this will be quite a night

Teardrops falling down my face and dropping everywhere
Tell me that the pain is deep and needs some extra care
Like  a child fallen down, I'm needing a real good cry
So that the tears will wash away the memories that stopped by


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this writing. Sometimes my words get hidden somewhere within me and this poem describes my experience potently. What a clarity of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you RiRi..am happy that something I have written could be meaningful to you . I so appreciate your kind words..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.. you are dear to me.. I will reply to this comment