Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Broken pieces of my heart

Broken pieces of my heart lying on the floor
As I reach to pick them up I wonder "how much more"
I'm but a fragile being made of flesh and bone
Everything can hurt me deeply for I'm not a stone.

Clouds are gathering round me, soon it's going to rain
Would that I could be delivered from this pool of pain.
But somtimes life is difficult and we find along the way
Thorns and thistles tag along as though they have to stay

I have to keep on hoping, though, despite the rainy days
For one day all that has hurt me will be my source of praise
So I'm finishing up my task here that left my heart so sore
I'm gathering up the pieces that lie scattered on the floor.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.. you are dear to me.. I will reply to this comment