Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Flashbacks, PTSD and me

The fear is so great that I find I cannot breathe
How I wish I were better  and could find some relief
But the flashbacks they come and they carry me away
To another time and place, another year and day.

Sometime's they are  triggered by something so small
But the effects that they have aren't very small at all
It's like watching a movie that's playing back the past
But the only terrible thing is I'm a member of the cast

There aren't any off buttons no reverses or rewind
The memories just take over and kidnap my fragile mind
Its like I'm in another place but my body is right here
Whenever flashbacks happen I'm a hostage of my fear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.. you are dear to me.. I will reply to this comment