Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

To heal or not to heal

I'm carrying deep inside me a wounded part of me
That's needing some healing and needing to be set free
But part of me is so attached to that brokenness inside
That when freedom's door is opened, I quickly  run and hide

There's something so familiar about all my inner  pain
That letting go would mean that nothing familiar could remain
So while I'm trying to heal and make myself more sound
I'm hanging onto things that keep the hurtful past around.

It's either: I choose to heal or I continue in the past
Progress cannot take place as long as these memories last
I must let go of  the hurtful to arrive at a better place
This is my moment of decision, my moment of special grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.. you are dear to me.. I will reply to this comment