Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh Sweet and Mighty Oak Tree

Can I sit down beneath your branches and lean against your bark
Will you let me fall asleep here while  stars sparkle in the dark
Your greatness and your strength have been so captivating to me
Oh sweet and mighty oak tree you grow so  majestically

The birds have taken leave now while your branches are so bare
But they are not too far away;  I hear their melody in the air
You still hold so much  beauty though the winter winds do howl
I think I hear in your branches a lonely hooting owl.

So much history has been written on the walls you have inside
Only after you have fallen can we know the  years you hide
Though you never make a sound you have been the host of many
sweet and mighty oak tree, like you, there isn't any.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.. you are dear to me.. I will reply to this comment